Thursday, April 12, 2012

Nail of the Day: Soothing Petals + Essie One Day Without Blues

Today I'm wearing two nail polishes, Soothing Petals by Skintimate (not exactly sure what brand... but that's what it says on the bottom of the polish!) and One Day Without Blues by Essie. Both were limited edition colors, so unfortunately you can't get them anymore, but I'm sure you can find dupes for them! :)
I wanted to try a new and random type of combination to paint my nails, so I decided to paint the blue nail polish on the 5th and 4th finger and the pink nail polish on the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st finger. On the other hand, it was reversed, so my 5th and 4th finger were pink and my 3rd, 2nd, and 1st finger were blue. To be honest, I really like this style because I can use 2 nail polishes and because it's different than just putting one accent nail.
Enough rambling... here are a few pictures!
 Natural Lighting - 2 coats of One Day Without Blues - 3 or 4 coats of Soothing Petals


one day without blues by essie
I absolutely love this color, it has a pretty gold sheen to it. I got this nail polish from a TOMS event on Facebook last year for free. :)
(by the way, sorry about the lighting in this picture!! it was super cloudy outside)
soothing petals by Skintimate
I mentioned before in my NOTD post a few months ago, NOTD: Soothing Petals, that this bottle looks similar an Essie nail polish, so here's the comparison! Please check out my NOTD for this nail polish for a more in-depth "review".
I love these types of "random" combinations, I will definitely be doing more in the future!!
xx Lisa

1 comments:

Post a Comment