My own schedule:
- First semester: ENS 3-4 (A/A), Honors English (A/A), Geometry (A/A), Orchestra (A/A), Chinese 2 (A/A)
- Second semester: Algebra 3-4 (A/A), ENS 1-2 (A/A), Internet Publishing (A/A), Orchestra (A/A), Chinese 2 (A/A)
- ENS = PE
- 1-2 = Level 1; 3-4 = Level 2; so on.
Tips to doing well academically:
- Maintain a "B" or better grade point average. (No APs, keep A-average)
- Form study groups and make friends with people who also plan to go to college.
- Attend a college fair. Start gathering information and getting an idea of what kind of college you want to go to.
- Start volunteering.
- Join clubs! It's a time for you to explore. You don't have to stay in them, join a lot and them choose the ones you like the best.
- Stay on track with homework assignments by writing in a planner. Keep all your work together/find a way to organize things so you don't lose your work and end up turning it in late.
- Create a personal file: report cards, certificates, honors, employment.
- Have fun, try new things but don't slack off! :) You want to make good habits now.
Tips to doing well socially:
- Be yourself. You will find other people who like you for you.
- Make friends in the grades above you because they can help you.
- Make friends in your clubs/workplaces/band+orchestra/sports teams/etc.
- Don't go too heavy with makeup! Your max should be: mascara, brown eyeliner and chapstick or lipgloss.
- Dress in what makes you feel most comfortable and confident. :)
- Be nice to everyone. Try not to get a boyfriend freshman year because you should focus more on making friends and getting adjusted to high school.
Freshman year was one of my favorite years (if not, my favorite) of high school. Don't waste it because you'll find the years passing by faster and faster.
Do you have any tips for high school froshies? :) Let us know!